I moved my posts for daily news headlines to tumblr just because I think it would be easier for it to get spread around than posting it to my interesting blogger wordpress blog, which doesn’t always get as much traffic
- “We got back the bailout money, right?” is a post I made on this blog (http://hermannview.tumblr.com/post/33415699342/we-got-the-bailout-money-back-right) about what the real amount of the bank bailouts
- Religion News: 20% of Americans are “unaffiliated” or no religion, so much for a “Christian America” you big government conservatives (http://www.religionnews.com/blogs/mark-silk/nones-or-unaffiliated)
- Washington Blog: Why we should label GMO foods (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/10/why-we-should-label-gmo-foods.html)
- Mother Earth News:A New Bright Star in Solar Power Air Conditioning Solutions (http://www.motherearthnews.com/biz-bulletins/a-new-bright-star-in-solar-power-air-conditioning-solutions.aspx#ixzz296TScXwf)
- Information Clearinghouse: Has Israel’s expiration date arrived: a perspective (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article32720.htm)
- Information Clearinghouse: Is the Iran war a-coming? (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article32723.htm)
- FAIR: A comment on the vice-presidential debates (http://www.fair.org/blog/#post-22436)
- FAIR: Washington Post is for fracking! No surprise there! (http://www.fair.org/blog/#post-22431)
- Nation of Change: Scientists say that GMOs are bad, despite what the imperial media says about them (http://www.nationofchange.org/biotech-scientist-it-s-awesome-gmos-cause-infertility-death-1350048164)
- Nation of Change: Workers fight for justice from Wal-Mart to Chipotle (http://www.nationofchange.org/workers-fight-justice-wal-mart-chipotle-1350049698)
- Nation of Change: Obama in the pockets of money men (the banksters to be precise) (http://www.nationofchange.org/loyalty-s-chumps-street-bankers-man-2008-obama-s-been-dumped-money-men-1350050302)
- OpenSecrets: Daily dose of what’s going down in money and politics (http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2012/10/capital-eye-opener-oct-12.html)
- Natural News: Whole Foods and GMOs: are they lying? (http://www.naturalnews.com/037523_Whole_Foods_GMO_secret_video.html)
I hope this helps provide some guide to the recent events.
Amy Goodman, Democracy Now! host:
I want to go back to that moment when Mitt Romney made his enterance on Thursday night. He walked down the aisle of the Republican Convention and as he was passing the New York delegation he shook the hand of state Republican party chair Ed Kochs, then he shook hands with David Koch. He actually put his hand on his shoulder, pointed at him and showed his hand. Democracy Now! was there on the floor. We captured the handshake on video. The full feed that went out that the networks broadcast cut away just before the handshake showing two enthusiastic woman supporters and then an overhead shot of the convention center. Then the shot comes back to Romney further down the aisle, shaking hands as he ascended the stage. We show that splitscreen. For radio listeners you can go to democracynow.org. I think its an interesting metaphor for the money behind the scenes not highlighted even by the media. Medea?
Medea Benjamin, author of Drone Warfare:
I think in the past conventions you'd see it more overtly. They 'd be giving out the bags, have the corporate logos on them and it would be so easy to know whose the sponsors. Now, I think the parties are afraid because people are so outraged. I would say on the left and the right, knowing that this presidential election is going to cost $2.5 billion dollars. Obscene. If you add the congressional races you're up to $5.8 billion dollars. That just says that our system is broken and I think the two parties are worried about it cause the American people are starting to realize that its very hard to keep calling our system a democracy when its being run by a very small elite that is the shadow government.
The U.S. needs to reduce these types of ships among other military ships.
Big government conservatives are spending trillions and wasting billions. Republicans are no longer the party of fiscal conservancy, but the party of runaway spending and corruption.– Sherrod Brown is completely right. This is what many conservatives are like now! They have moved more the right but away from small government to the expansion of big government in a bad way. If Progressives or others on the left win this wasting of money will hopefully not occur.