I liked Barack Obama when he was getting elected. I was soc excited. I said he was the best candidate. But, I have been disappointed. He has not delivered on what he said. Here’s 8 mistakes he has made since he has entered office
- Not creating an economic stimulus bill that serves the people (the first bill, not the new economic reform which I like) in 2009 shortly after he entered office.
- Not entering healthcare debate fast enough, causing a weak bill in Congress that barely did anything, not explaining what the healthcare plan would do, he had to make it so no federal money went to abortions, violating his campaign promise to them
- Not improving coordination between U.S. intelligence agencies or U.S. security, almost leading to a plane exploding with an underwear bomber.
- Giving up on an energy bill that leads to alternative energy
- Dealing with oil spill not until 30 days after the spill, being ‘too cool’ about the issue and not understanding people’s concern
- Defending the government on WikiLeaks ‘leaking’; of government information, violating the 1st Amendment guarantee of the Freedom of Speech
- Signing a horrible immigration bill that brought many problems to solving immigration as explained in my previous blog
- Not vigorously trying to get Don’t Ask Don’t Tell passed or any bill that benefits the LGBT community
Some of what I included was his bad positions, but there is more. I think that keeping troops in Afghanistan is a mistake. We should get out now. We also should get everyone out of Iraq, including the supposed 40,000+ ‘non-combat’ troops serving as ‘advisers.’ Also we should try to roll back the Patriot Act if possible, curb corporate spending and limit power of lobbyists. I could go on and on with positions of Obama’s that I don’t like.
On another note, you should check out my new show called “Burke’s How To What To Do It”.Its a video about basic guitar skills.